24 March 2007

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly

What are your feelings about computer games? You know what I'm talking about -- those little distractions that are almost more popular than movies. Personally, I haven't been all that into computer games since they've started to become more and more "realistic." Games are SUPPOSED to be unrealistic. The semi-realistic ones are for people who are trying to hide from their real lives. But that's a topic for another day.

What kind of games do I like? Well, on business trips I tend to go for trendy cell phone casual games (at least when I'm not out with colleagues discussing Lost or other fine products of the human imagination). But my favorite genre is probably text-based gaming. It brings back memories of our old Apple IIe. Goodness, I miss that computer.

Thankfully, Homestar Runner produced a series of text-based games--the Thy Dungeonman series. The next best is Peasant's Quest, which is based on my all-time favorite game, King's Quest. I probably shouldn't admit that I have the entire King's Quest series on my computer.

I never got into playing chess (though I do like fancy chess boards), but I do like Othello and Reversi. They may or may not be different games. If you want to know the minute hypothetical differences, feel free to visit the links I included. If you're bored and need something to take up time, I'd be happy to play Reversi with you (via Yahoo Games). I may or may not let you win. :)

No comments: