24 January 2008

Nests of Jelly Birds

Jelly birds make chocolate nests, and lay jelly beans. I mean, jelly eggs. Oh, whatever, I just want to provide another random recipe.

OK, today's simple, random cooking lesson is on candy birds' nests. This is a variation on the "chocolate haystacks" recipe, which itself is quite simple. Melt chocolate chips, then mix in a little bit of peanut butter. Stir in chow mein noodles. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper and carefully smoosh down the center parts. Refrigerate the nests til the chocolate solidifies, then add jelly beans to the middles.

Hmm... this would probably be a good Easter or springtime treat. Ah, so maybe I'm a few months early... At least I used Valentine's Day colored jelly beans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this would be even better w/ the mini cadbury eggs. i approve of this recipe.

Kristine said...

Ooh, excellent point! Mini Cadbury eggs would be WAY better than jelly beans in this recipe...

BTW, I think you're watching too many political commercials. "My name is Sarah, and I approve this recipe."