09 July 2007

Please Help Save Emily

One day last week I saw a commercial for the local 11:00 news. They were talking about a new not-quite-official-yet disorder, known as Adult Picky Eating Disorder. After the 10 second clip and basically no additional background research, I have decided that my sister Emily must suffer from this. When she lived with me, the freezer was always stocked up with Smart Ones brand Three Cheese Ziti Marinara, and not much else.

Wondering how you can help expand her culinary horizons? I'm accepting donations. Simply send me a small donation (something ending in at least two 0s, on the left side of the decimal point) and I will do my best to encourage her to eat a wider variety of food. I plan to model her new taste in gourmet foods based on the culinary travels of Andrew Zimmern. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she tries mangrove worms or tripe soup for the first time. She'll love it. And she'll love us for encouraging her to try new things. It's all about being charitable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is all very kind, but I certainly eat more than just ONE type of food. There are at least FIVE types of food that I eat. Most of them are mashed potatoes, but still. A VARIETY.

Kristine said...

Good point. How could I forget that you also eat a variety of dishes that includes Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Hash Browned Potatoes, and Chicken Schnitzel (capitalized for Emphasis)? You're right. You're not picky at all. What was I thinking?