20 January 2007

All good things must come to an end

Today I have a special treat for you. Since I'm going to be out of town for the next week and a half, I'm going to post not one, but TWO blog entries today. Amazing but true. One now, one just before I head to the airport.

Let the first one begin...

Today is my last day as a volunteer at the Amazonia exhibit at the Smithsonian National Zoological Park (that's the "Washington DC zoo"). It has been a great experience, and I'm sad I won't be able to continue enjoying the tropical atmosphere in the wintertime. If you live in the DC metro area, go visit! It's always summertime there!

Here's a taste of what's inside:

- An assortment of fish - Sometimes you can watch the 6' long arapaima on one of the zoo's webcams. When it's working. You just can't trust technology, can you?
- Lots of birds - The sunbittern family just grew by one.
- Vegetation - It has everything from the giant kapok to trees that produce the things that keep us alive.

If you are bored on weekends and looking for a way to amuse yourself, think about volunteering at the National Zoo!

OK, I think that's enough advertising for the morning posting... Soon to come: entertaining videos! Stay tuned.

No comments: