28 January 2007

You are getting very sleepy...

I'm back, and already going into withdrawal due to the lack of Danishes. That's right, I was in the motherland of the tasty pastry -- Denmark! I have lots to say about that trip... but as I just returned this afternoon, tonight I need to make sure I don't get jetlag. If you suffer from insomnia or otherwise want to readjust your sleep schedule, here are some things you can do to bring the Sleep Fairy:

- Origami instructional videos: I like origami. That said, narration-free instructional videos on how to make origami figures are sure to get your eyelids drooping. For example, see how long you can get through the one on making a paper angelfish. I can almost handle one minute... Almost.

- Practice drawing perfect freehand circles. Hmm, haven't I seen that guy before?

- Watch a lecture on a topic you know nothing about. For instance, I might choose something that relates to my arch-enemy: Economics. Even better--I could watch a video of someone sleeping through an economics lecture.

- Nature sounds. Trees blowing in a gentle breeze. Crickets chirping. Waves crashing. Crackling fire.

Wow, it really works! I've pretty much put myself to sleep...

No comments: